When You're Ready to Visit
We’re looking forward to welcoming you to The Pitcher Inn when you’re ready to visit. Our team has been hard at work to adapt to the new normal and to make your visit not just relaxing and peaceful and gracious, but healthy and safe.
We are following the latest guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, the Vermont Department of Health, Cross State Travel Information from the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development, and our luxury hotel partner Relais & Chateaux.
As a first step, we are opening gradually and will limit guest and staff counts, practice social distancing, and eliminate threats wherever possible. We call this careful approach Pure Pitcher Inn. Below you will find details about the steps we’re taking to make your stay a healthy and safe one.
Pure Pitcher Inn General Protocols
We look forward to welcoming you back (or for the first time). While your overall experience will be as joyful as usual, there are some changes you should expect, including:
- Guest room management that allows maximum time between guest stays.
- A modified arrivals process that follows social distancing guidelines, or contactless arrival and departure upon request.
- Optional luggage handling.
- Plentiful hand sanitizer stations throughout the property.
- Suspended guest laundry services.
- Temporarily suspended Afternoon Tea in the Library.
- Temporarily suspended morning coffee service.
- Temporarily suspended late checkouts and early arrivals.
Our Commitment to You
We are taking the following steps with our team to optimize safety:
- Team members pledge to behave responsibly, including staying home when they are ill.
- Wearing masks at all times and following recommended social distancing practices faithfully, including no-contact behaviors with guests (sadly, no more hugs or handshakes).
- Sanitizing surfaces rigorously and continuously.
- Frequently washing their hands and using hand sanitizer between washings.
- Conducting meetings virtually whenever possible.
- Reducing staff counts by promoting work-at-home (for support staff).
- Maximizing natural ventilation in all spaces when practical. There’s nothing like a Vermont breeze in summer.
Pure Pitcher Inn Housekeeping Protocols
We have always prided ourselves on maintaining a pristine environment for your enjoyment. Now we’re doubling down, with:
- Housekeeping staff will wear full personal protective equipment when cleaning rooms.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols in all spaces, including rooms and public spaces, where we will conduct continual cleanings of high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
- Morning make-up and light refreshing between 8 am and 2 pm will be available upon request.
- We have suspended evening turn-down and laundry service for now.
Pure Pitcher Inn Dining Protocols
We have taken important steps to keep you safe while dining, including:
- Reducing the number of tables in our dining rooms and minimizing wait staff while not sacrificing service levels.
- Requiring dining reservations.
- Offering paper menus, which we will recycle after each use.
- Expanding outdoor dining options, weather permitting.
- Offering in-room dining with disposable and biodegradable containers (at your option).
- Establishing strict table and chair cleaning protocols between guest seatings.
- Limiting dining hours to allow for thorough disinfecting between meals.
- Temporarily suspended dining in Tracks.
What We Ask of You
If before your visit you are not feeling well and show any symptoms of Covid-19 (fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell), please stay home and stay safe. We will happily re-book your stay. If during your stay, you fall ill, we request that you notify us and seek immediate medical attention.
Prior to arrival, in compliance with Vermont “Be Smart, Stay Safe” order, you will have to certify by signing the COVID-19 Certificate of Compliance.
Face masks are required whenever in public areas on the property, for your safety and that of our team.
Thank you. We look forward to your visit!