The Pitcher Inn strives to provide a uniform online experience for all our guests - including those with sight, hearing, and other disabilities.
To ensure this, we are committed to complying with the Level AA success criteria of the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0).
Our site is designed and developed with these guidelines in mind. We test our website to ensure that they are usable by guests who use assistive technology. While it is not always possible to do so to the letter of each checkpoint, we are continually developing solutions that conform to the spirit of each checkpoint, bringing together a high standard of usability throughout the website.
If you have questions or would like to report an issue relating to the accessibility of this website, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Pitcher Inn strives to be as accessible to all guests as possible. We welcome your suggestions to improve accessibility.
Currently, we offer:
- Accessible public entrance served by wheelchair-friendly ramp.
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrances to restaurant and guest rooms.
- An elevator serving the Main Floor (lobby and restaurant), Lower Level (tavern and public restrooms), and Second Floor (accessible Chester Arthur room).
- Rooms accessible to wheel chairs (no steps).
- Closed captioning on televisions.
- A room (Chester Arthur) that is especially comfortable for guests with physical limitations, including:
- Extra-wide doors.
- Roll-in shower with grab bars and toilet with grab bars.
- A hearing- and sight-impaired-friendly smoke detector.